Flexible Schedule Options
The Department of Business Administration and Real Estate offers students a variety of schedule
options so that classes can be taken at optimal times for students' busy lives.
(Please refer to the Schedule of Classes http://www.westvalley.edu
to see when courses are offered.)
- Traditional courses: A majority of our courses are offered during the day in regular
classroom or computer labs.
For students who are able to attend daytime classes,this is an ideal situation that ensures easy access to our faculty, the library, labs,
and other campus resources and activities.
- Evening & weekend courses: Some of our courses are scheduled on week nights or weekend days in order to
accommodate the hectic schedules of working professionals.
- Online courses: Our faculty members offer some of our classes in a distance learning format via our college's
course management tool Angel: http://wvmccd.angellearning.com.
As a part of their virtual classrooms, students are
able to read lessons, participate in discussions, and submit homework assignments. Our Instructors can also be
reached by phone or during their office hours.
- Hybrid courses: (traditional and online) For many students, hybrid courses offer the best of both worlds.
Students attend classroom sessions in a traditional classroom for part of the semester, and they also work with their
Instructor and other students via Angel: http://wvmccd.angellearning.com
for additional computer based work.
- Television courses: Students can work independently by viewing a comprehensive video course at their own pace.
Students generally have to attend an orientation session, a mid-term exam, and a final exam on campus. Instructors
of television classes can also be reached by phone and during their office hours.
♦ Back to the top of the page!