Incentives For Employers
CalWORKs Work Study (50%-50%) Program for Employers
West Valley College offers a Work Study program designed for students to obtain valuable work experience. Our goal is to prepare students for long-term employment success that would eliminate their need for public assistance. CalWORKs students are receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families(TANF) and are committed to becoming self-sufficient.
INCENTIVES FOR EMPLOYERS
- Meet employment needs by hiring students representing a wide variety of career programs and certificates.
- Save time and money - students are pre-screened for interviews based on a match between the job description and their educational plan and employment goals.
- Receive reimbursement of 50% of the wages of any qualified CalWORKs student hired.
- Expand services without excessive capital outlay.
- Play an active part in assisting CalWORKs students to become self-sufficient.
If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity, please contact:
Career Programs Center, AAS 35