Free, confidential personal counseling is available for all students. Drop by the Health Services office on campus, call 408-741-2027 to make an appointment, or take a brief, anonymous, and confidential online screening at Online Mental Health Screenings.
Meet the Counselors
Frequently Asked Questions
What does Student Health Services Personal Counseling provide?
- Free individual counseling
- Walk-in crisis services
- Referral for DESP accommodations
- Information and referral to campus and community resources
Do I need to have a serious psychological problem to come to personal counseling?
No. Students come to talk about all types of concerns, big and small.
What are some things I can talk about?
- Whatever is on your mind
- Stress and anxiety
- Relationships and communication
- Substance use and addictions
- Death or loss
- Suicidal thoughts
- Academic pressure
- Depression and loneliness
- Sexuality and gender
- Disordered eating
- Cultural adjustment
- Sexual assault
Who are the staff?
Licensed mental health professionals, MFT and Social Work graduate student interns.
What about privacy? Are the services confidential?
Yes. Student Health Services maintains a strict policy of confidentiality within HIPAA and FERPA guidelines.
How do I make an appointment?
Call (408) 741–2027 or drop by the Health Services office on campus.
For After Hours Help
- 24 Hour Suicide and Crisis Service, Country of Santa Clara: (855) 278–4204
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 273–TALK (8255)
- Crisis Text Line: Text HELLO to 741741
- 911 for Life Threatening Emergencies