West Valley College, Saratoga, CA, Fox Center, room 201
Tuesdays, 6:00 – 9:00 p.m., July 12, July 19, July 26, August 2, August 9
Participants enrolled in West Valley College’s Entrepreneurship Academy will attend five focused sessions that provide templates for success. The small business experts leading each session will share business models and valuable roadmaps that are crucial for an effective business or product launch. Participants who complete the five sessions will have the following: 1.) a business plan, 2.) the practical steps for starting a going concern primed for market success, and 3.) an entrepreneurship certificate.
Session 1: Business Models
Effective business models provide small business owners with value propositions for generating high revenues and attracting potential customers. In this session participants will determine the best business models for their enterprises.
Session 2: Business Development
Identifying and attracting customers is an essential element for business growth. In this session participants will develop their target market and the best channels for reaching these individuals. Participants will also create sales forecasts, conduct market research, and construct realistic marketing budgets.
Session 3: Introduction to Operations
This session will address management concerns, logistical issues, vendor relationships, business licenses, and legal matters.
Session 4: Basic Financing and QuickBooks Accounting
This session will review basic financial statements and provide an overview of QuickBooks accounting software. Participants will learn key principles for effective cash management that are essential for business success.
Session 5: Connecting the Strategic Pieces
In this capstone session, the course facilitator will assist participants in putting all of the elements together for a comprehensive business plan and a successful new business launch.
Optional mentoring and networking opportunities will be provided from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. prior to sessions 2, 3, 4, and 5.
For more information contact:
- Click for registration
- On the Community Education Registration Website, click “Register and Pay for Community Ed Classes”
- On the “Register and Pay for Community Ed Classes” page, in the Course Code Number box (second text box), type in 14143
- Click the box for CECAR*3204*14143 (014143) Entrepreneurship Academy and proceed to checkout.
$499 must be paid in full prior to the first day of class.
- Students dropping prior to the first class meeting are eligible for a 80% REFUND
- Students dropping after the first class meeting are eligible for a 50% REFUND
- Students dropping after the second class meeting are NOTeligible for a refund.
- Students dismissed from the Program for any reason are NOT eligible for a refund.