West Valley College is a public California Community College offering exceptional preparation for transfer to four-year colleges and universities, dynamic career programs for today’s job market, AA/AS degree programs, and professional certificates. Our beautiful Saratoga campus is tucked into the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains in the southwest corner of Silicon Valley, just south of San Jose and 50 miles south of San Francisco. In the 2014-15 academic year we celebrated 50 years of providing academic excellence to our students.
Campus: 143 acres
Student Population: 8,056 (Fall 2017)
Full-time faculty: 164
Associate faculty: 189
Associate Degree Programs: 58
Certificate Programs: 91
Associate Degrees for Transfer: 26
West Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Post-secondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
We offer flexible course options including online and distance learning combined with many levels of support such as financial assistance, educational planning, personal counseling, child care and learning skills programs provide every student the opportunity for the highest academic and personal success.
Facts for Parents
It’s time. The person you’ve helped shape into a young adult is ready to explore a world beyond the nest. At West Valley, that world is filled with instructors who love what they do, staff who go out of their way to help your student - all for a price you can afford.
In a challenging economy, many parents opt to send their children to West Valley. The kids live at home and commute a short distance to college for a high quality education. In two years:
- Instead of researching and writing grants, our instructors come to West Valley to teach
- Rather than having their grad students teach lower division university courses, our faculty provide one-on-one attention to your student
- Our alumni are proof that the one-on-one attention helps turn a poor student into a motivated one and a curious student into a superstar
When your student needs help, he won’t have to look very far.
- If your child has a learning challenge, we offer one-on-one tutoring - free
- If she is dealing with a physical handicap, we have a dedicated team at the Disability office to clear the obstacles to learning
- If your student finds the world overwhelming or if he’s dealing with loss, we have clinicians at our Health Center who offer confidential, personal counseling.
- For athletes who find it hard to juggle workout schedules with study schedules, we offer counseling for athletes
- Veterans returning to the world at large can also take advantage of our veterans support services
Your child is in good hands at our school, with enough breathing room to explore, grow, adjust, discover, contemplate, and mature into the person you had always imagined.