The Puente Project prepares students to compete academically in a university environment. It emphasizes the Latinx experience through English writing, counseling, and mentoring components. The Puente Program integrates:
- Two semester English 1A and 1B classes.
- Two semester Counseling classes.
- Individual academic, personal, and career counseling.
- Transfer information, university tours, student motivational and transfer conferences, and assistance with the transfer process.
- Personal mentor relationships with community professionals.
Through participation in the Puente Community, a student will:
- Develop a Student Educational Plan with the goal to transfer to a four year college or university.
Working together as a Puente team, an English instructor and a college counselor join with students to establish a foundation for the students’ academic and professional success.
The program starts in the fall semester and runs through spring semester. This program is open to all students who are planning to transfer, are enthusiastic and committed to learning about Latinx experiences, and would like to participate in monthly program events (meetings, trips, tours, and work site visits).
For additional information and/or to join Puente, please contact Joe Bucher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Instagram: @wvcpuente