The West Valley TRiO Program is a federally funded program, focused on increasing the graduation and transfer rates for low-income, first generation and/or disabled students by providing support and resources to assist students in attaining their academic and career goals.
Services provided include:
- Grant Aid
- Personal, career and academic counseling
- Priority registration
- Additional tutoring services
- Financial aid and Scholarship assistance
- College visits
- Workshops on transfer, career, and financial literacy
After participating in the TRiO program for two semesters:
- Students will develop a complete educational plan with either certificate, AA/AS and or transfer requirements;
- Students will report an improvement of their knowledge of transfer information;
- Students will report an improvement in their knowledge of financial literacy.