Required Core Courses (24 units)
|Course Number||Course Title||Units||C-ID Descriptor|
|CHST 1||Principles & Practices of Teaching Young Children||3 units||ECE 120|
|CHST 2||Child Growth and Development||3 units||CDEV 100|
|CHST 5||Diversity: Childhood and Culture||3 units||ECE 230|
|CHST 35||Practicum in Early Childhood Education||3 units||ECE 200|
|CHST 63||Child, Family, and Community||3 units||CDEV 110|
|CHST 66||Child Safety, Health and Nutrition||3 units||ECE 220|
|CHST 80||Introduction to Curriculum||3 units||ECE 130|
|CHST 87||Observation and Assessment||3 units||ECE 200|
Major Requirements: 24 units
CSU GE Breadth or IGETC for CSU Requirements: 37 – 39 units
Elective Units As Needed To Total 60 CSU Transferable Units
The Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) is intended for students who plan to transfer and complete a bachelor's degree in a similar major at a CSU campus. Students completing this transfer degree:
- will earn an Associate’s Degree from West Valley College
- are guaranteed admission to a campus in the CSU system
- will be prepared to start upper division coursework at the CSU
- will not need to complete more than 60 units after transfer
CSUs with Similar Majors
A complete and up-to-date listing of the similar CSU majors can be found by visiting adegreewithaguarantee.com
- Completion of 60 CSU-transferable semester units with an overall GPA of at least 2.0
- While a minimum of 2.0 GPA is required for CSU admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult with a counselor for more information.
- Completing courses prior to transfer that satisfy the U.S. History, Constitution and American Ideals requirement as part to the CSU GE-B or IGETC is highly recommended.
Learn more about Associate Degree for Transfer at West Valley College.