Required Core Courses (30 units)
|Course Number||Course Title||Units||C-ID Descriptor|
|PHYS 004A||Engineering Physics – Mechanics||5 units||PHYS 205|
|PHYS 004B||Engineering Physics – Electricity and Magnetism||5 units||PHYS 210|
|PHYS 004C||Engineering Physics – Light, Heat and Waves||5 units||PHYS 215|
|MATH 003A||Calculus and Analytical Geometry||5 units||MATH 210|
|MATH 003B||Calculus and Analytical Geometry||5 units||MATH 220|
|MATH 004A||Intermediate Calculus||5 units||MATH 230|
Major Requirements: 30 units
CSU GE Breadth or IGETC for CSU Requirements: 37 or 39 units
Elective Units As Needed To Total 60 CSU Transferable Units
The Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) is intended for students who plan to transfer and complete a bachelor's degree in a similar major at a CSU campus. Students completing this transfer degree:
- will earn an Associate’s Degree from West Valley College
- are guaranteed admission to a campus in the CSU system
- will be prepared to start upper division coursework at the CSU
- will not need to complete more than 60 units after transfer
CSUs with Similar Majors
A complete and up-to-date listing of the similar CSU majors can be found by visiting adegreewithaguarantee.com
- Completion of 60 CSU-transferable semester units with an overall GPA of at least 2.0
- While a minimum of 2.0 GPA is required for CSU admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult with a counselor for more information.
- Completing courses prior to transfer that satisfy the U.S. History, Constitution and American Ideals requirement as part to the CSU GE-B or IGETC is highly recommended.
Learn more about Associate Degree for Transfer at West Valley College.