Lyft for West Valley Students
West Valley College offers current WVC students free roundtrip rides per day to/from WVC to those who qualify. This program is intended to help address transportation needs by providing on-demand rides for WVC students. The program is made possible through a partnership between WVC and the Lyft ridesharing app.
Please note: The Lyft program is offered dependent on funding availability and subject to change. Students will be notified of changes in the program should they arise.
- Riders must be over 18 years old
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 units to participate in the program
- Must have a Lyft account
- This program will be available as long as funding permits and is subject to change or ending early. You will be notified about any changes in the program should they arise.
- If you request a ride that doesn't meet the criteria, you will not see the discount shown on your ride confirmation screen and you will pay out of pocket including tip.
- Prices may be impacted by distance, traffic, time of day, special events, and primetime surcharges.
- If you're not a current student, apply to West Valley.
- Fill out the registration form including the liability waiver.
- WVC will validate your home address and student status.
- Schedule a 5-minute zoom meeting with Office of Student Needs for program approval.
- Once approved, you will receive an email invitation from Lyft Business.
- Follow the steps in the email to sign up. Once you click the link and join, the complimentary Lyft Ride allotments will apply to eligible rides during your time as a WVC student.
- You will need to complete the steps above monthly.
- If the application is not submitted by the monthly deadline, it may take up to 2 business days for to receive the invitation from Lyft.