Free 24/7 Online Tutoring is Available to All WVC Students
- Live Tutoring: Students connect with real live tutor on-demand. Sessions are one-on-one and private, and students receive tutor’s full attention.
- Question Drop Off: Students asynchronously submit a question and return later for tutor feedback. Question responses are available within one day.
- Paper/Essay Review: Students asynchronously submit a file and return later for tutor feedback. Tutors will ask questions and suggest areas for improvement. Paper reviews are available within 2 days.
- Accounting, Economics, Finance
- General Humanities & Social Sciences (History, Anthropology, Communications, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy, Criminal Justice)
- World Languages
- Allied Health
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- World Languages (Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese)
- Sciences (Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Astronomy)
- (English tutoring access will be postponed to a future semester)
NetTutor is a service offered by the vendor Link Systems International, which has contracted with the state to provide low cost, high quality online tutoring to California Community College students. This service was negotiated by the Online Education Initiative, a joint initiative between the statewide Academic Senate and the state Chancellor’s Office. A majority of the funding for this year’s NetTutor service has been generously provided by the WVC Title III grant.
All tutors have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and have robust training in providing tutoring to adult learners. Tutors do not provide answers to students on homework assignments but guide them to understand concepts using the Socratic method.
For any questions about this system, please contact Stephanie Kashima at email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What is NetTutor?
NetTutor is a comprehensive online tutoring service for all levels of college courses.
All of our tutors are highly trained and experts in the course that you are taking.
We're ready to help.
You can find the NetTutor icon in your Canvas course shell on the left navigation section of your homepage.
How do I get started?
- Select the subject for which you wish to receive tutoring. The dashboard for that subject will open.
- To connect with a tutor, click on "Ask NetTutor – Live 1-to-1 Help."
- You will be directed to a page where you can see your position in the queue and view a video with instructions for asking questions in NetTutor.
What happens in a tutoring session?
When a tutor is available, you will automatically be brought into a tutorial room. A cowbell will ring. This lets you know that the session has begun.
Your tutor will help you work the problem out and give you hints if you get stuck.
Please come prepared to learn.
What if I don't have time to chat with an online tutor?
The Q&A Center allows you to ask a question offline, which a tutor will usually answer within 24 hours. When an answer has been prepared, you will receive an email notifying you that your question is ready. After you review the answer, you can ask a follow-up question.
Will it work on my computer?
NetTutor works with Windows and Macintosh, and on almost any browser. After you log in, a browser test will confirm that your computer is compatible with NetTutor. If anything is missing, the test will tell you where to find it. You may try the browser test directly by visiting: http://www.html5test.com
What if I need technical help?
If you have questions or technical difficulties, click the Customer Service Request link and fill out the form. There is a comprehensive Online Manual that includes an extensive Frequently Asked Questions section, which can also be found at: http://www.nettutor.com/usermanual/