WVC Health Services, along with the health services at many other California Community Colleges, is transitioning to new ways to support students in light of the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Health Services personal counseling appointments will resume in the fall semester, likely via Zoom. Continuing throughout the summer we are offering the following mental health related services for all West Valley College students:
- Resources, Referrals, and 30-minute Counseling Sessions: Our counselor intern, Sarah Luthman and supervisor, George Mageles, are available to connect with you via chat or video in Cranium Café. Brief Personal Counseling is available for the summer months. Visit the Health Services Online page to conduct a Chat Session or request a Video Appointment.
- Tuesday Support Groups: An open support group for West Valley College students Coping with Stress from COVID-19 on Tuesdays at 2:00 PM via Zoom.
- Active Minds Summer Talk Group: An open meeting for West Valley College students on Thursdays at 2:00 PM via Zoom.
We will continue to monitor the guidelines and shared practices of our colleagues throughout the state and nation, and we will provide updates to the WVC Community when we have something new to share.
In the meantime, please see the extensive list of local/county/national and online mental health resources. Feel free to use them, share them, and please let us know if you need anything else at this time.
Cranium Café is compatible with Chrome, Edge, and Firefox browsers only. Chrome users may encounter an error when using the "Knock On Door" instant message feature. If you receive an error message, please try a different browser (Edge or Firefox) or use the "Send Offline Message" feature instead.
- Click the “Knock on Door” button on the Student Services Staff/Faculty card.
- Current students login with your student email – follow these instructions to find your @mywvm.wvm.edu email and password.
- Prospective student can create an account through the login page.
- Wait for pop-up chat window to appear to start the session.
- Click on the Enter Meeting or Enter Lobby button within the chat box.
- Use a smart phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer which has Chrome or Firefox as your web browser (Chrome is preferred).
- Test your webcam and audio prior to the meeting.