Welcome to the Accounting Department at West Valley College!
- Has math always come easily for you?
- Can you do math calculations quickly in your head, without writing them down?
- Do you enjoy balancing your checkbook and creating budget models for effective financial management?
- Do you see yourself taking on increasing levels of responsibility in the accounting profession in your future?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then the Accounting program at West Valley might be a great fit for you!
Let your passion for Business lead to Quantifiable Success!
The Accounting program at West Valley College shows students how to combine their interest in numbers and business into a viable career path. Students will learn how to translate the daily activities of a business into financial statements that portray a business' financial performance and status.
Regardless of whether one works for a large corporation, the government, or a startup venture the ability to analyze financial information and knowledge of accounting standards will make him or her a valuable contributor to an organization's vision and mission.
A background in accounting can make you highly employable!
The Accounting program at West Valley can help students get into one of these highly sought career options:
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA)
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Accounting/Financial Analyst
- Accounting Clerk
- Tax Preparer
Flexible Scheduling Options
The Department of Business Administration and Real Estate offers students a variety of schedule options so that classes can be taken at optimal times for students' busy lives. (Please refer to the Schedule of Classes to see when courses are offered.)
- Traditional courses: A majority of our courses are offered during the day in regular classroom or computer labs. For students who are able to attend daytime classes,this is an ideal situation that ensures easy access to our faculty, the library, labs, and other campus resources and activities.
- Evening & weekend courses: Some of our courses are scheduled on week nights or weekend days in order to accommodate the hectic schedules of working professionals.
- Online courses: Our faculty members offer some of our classes in a distance learning format via our college's course management tool Angel Learning. As a part of their virtual classrooms, students are able to read lessons, participate in discussions, and submit homework assignments. Our Instructors can also be reached by phone or during their office hours.
- Hybrid courses: (traditional and online) For many students, hybrid courses offer the best of both worlds. Students attend classroom sessions in a traditional classroom for part of the semester, and they also work with their Instructor and other students via Angel Learning for additional computer based work.