Based on information available at the time of this posting, the following provides updates on grading policies, term extensions, and Financial Aid focused on supporting students enrolled in the current term.
- Full-term courses dropped on or before, Saturday, April 25, 2020 will not be assigned a “W” grade and will be issued a full refund.
- Short term courses dropped within 75% of the course time will not be assigned a “W” grade notation and will be issued a full refund.
- Short term courses that ended prior to March 11, 2020 are excluded from the emergency drop policy. These courses will be assigned a grade notation and are not automatically issued a refund. Students who dropped prior to March 11, 2020 may petition for a refund and the removal of a grade.
- Learn more about the Emergency Drop Policy.
WVC is allowing Pass/No Pass grading for all courses offered for both Spring and Summer terms. It is highly recommended you meet with a counselor to identify the potential limitations of this selection.
The grade “I” may be recorded when students doing passing work and regularly attending 75% of a course are unable to take the final exam or otherwise complete the course because of unforeseeable emergency and justifiable reasons. For a full term course, 75% is Saturday, April 25, 2020. Conditions for the removal of the “Incomplete” shall be set forth by the faculty member.
Please note the following:
- One Year Deadline: Students receiving an incomplete will have one year to complete outstanding course work unless faculty indicate an earlier due date for completion of work.
- Course Prerequisites: If this course is part of a course sequence, please be advised that an incomplete grade does not clear the prerequisite for a higher-level course.
- Course Repeats: Students cannot register for the same course with an incomplete grade on record. The original course must be assigned a final grade. A course receiving a substandard final grade (D, F or NP) a withdrawal (W) recorded may repeat the course following the Course Repetition Policy. COVID-19 will be recognized as extenuating circumstances when a student wishes to retake a course attempted during the recognized pandemic.
- Graduation / Transfer: An incomplete grade does not complete graduation requirements and may have transfer implications. Please speak with an academic counselor if you have additional questions or need support.
The U.S. Department of Education and the CARES Act provides additional flexibilities to institutions regarding the calculation of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements. Withdrawing from your courses will not negatively affect your SAP status for the following term. Financial Aid recipients will not be impacted nor required to pay back financial aid funds.
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) will not be impacted by units dropped in the spring 2020 term. Withdrawing from all courses will not negatively affect your Spring 2020 aid and your SAP status for the next term. If you are planning to officially withdraw from your Spring 2020 course(s), please consult with an academic counselor and notify a Financial Aid Advisor. If you have questions about your financial aid status, please email the Financial Aid Office at wvfaFREEWEST_VALLEY
- Current Pell Grant, Federal Direct Loan, Cal Grant, Student Success Completion Grant and California Promise Grant awards should not be affected
Refer to the WVC Financial Aid COVID-19 FAQs.
The Admissions, Records, and Financial Aid departments are conducting business remotely and can be reached during normal business hours.
|Financial Aid||wvfaFREEWEST_VALLEY||Meet Online|
|Monday||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM – 1:00 PM|
To Facilitate Proper Handling of Inquiries:
- Include your student ID number and please include CRN numbers (found on your class schedule in your student portal) when referencing a class.
- Only contact us using your MyWVM email accounts. In order to maintain the integrity of student records, we need to ensure your identity by conducting business via district verified accounts.