If you borrowed a computer through the Library or Equity Office and you will need it for the winter term/spring semester, send an email to james.adamsFREEWEST_VALLEY requesting a renewal. The library will email you a spring contract – complete and return via email. No need to come to campus. If you do not need it, please return to the library or the drive-thru events.
- Open for limited services with limited occupancy capacity.
- Research assistance with librarians is available through Cranium Cafe Chat during fall and spring semesters:
- Monday–Thursday from 8:00 AM – 7:30 PM
- Friday from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Saturday from 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Wifi access
- Desktop computers
- Black & white printing at 10 cents per page. Only coins or dollar bills are accepted.
- Quiet study space, but group study rooms are not available
- A picture ID and your G0 number is required to check out books.
- Only currently registered students, staff and faculty will be allowed into the library.
- Students are required to sign in when they enter the Library. You will need to have your G0 number ready to show Library staff.
- Students that come into the Library must wear masks. Masks will be provided if the student does not have one. The Library is equipped with hand sanitizer stations.
- No food is permitted and the water fountain is not available to students.
- Bottled water in a sealable container is permitted.
- Students will be required to sanitize their workspace after each use. Sanitation material will be provided.
The Library's Books for Food program has expanded and includes course textbooks, laptops (Microsoft Surface Go Tablets, Dell Latitudes, HP Chromebooks) and Graphing Calculators for semester length loans. WVC Library Textbook, Laptop, and Calculator Requests is a brief video on the process.
- Quantities are limited and are checked out on a first requested, first served basis.
- Materials for winter and spring courses will be available starting January 4th. Wait until you are contacted by a staff member before coming to pick up the book.
- All available textbooks are searchable on the Books for Food program page and must be requested through the Books for Food form (available beginning January 4, 2021).
- All available Surface Gos, laptops, and graphing calculators must be requested through the Books for Food form.
- Donations of 10 cans of food are encouraged but not required. Donation bins will be set up in the Library foyer.
- Hotspots are borrowed from the Office of Student Needs. Complete the WVC Hot Spot Form.