ALL students, including active-duty military, veterans, CalWORKs, EOPS and DESP who started Fall 2014 and beyond, are now required to comply with the California Success Act of 2012 requirements (3 core requirements: assessment, orientation and develop a preliminary educational plan) in order to receive a priority registration date for enrollment.
- COUN A: College Orientation (1/2 unit)
- COUN 2: Academic and Personal Planning (1 unit)
- COUN 5: College Success (3 units)
- COUN 12: Careers and Lifestyles (3 units)
- LRSV 1: Learning Strategies for College and Careers (3 units)
Search and Register for Orientation
- From the WVC Portal, select College Web Services
- Log in with student ID number (example: G0xxxxxxx) and your birthdate in 6 digits (example: MMDDYY).
- Click on: Student > Registration > Search for Classes
- Enter term and submit
- Choose the subject
- Be sure to choose the correct college (West Valley or Mission)
- Select View Sections
- Check on the box to select the section you want
- Click on Register
- Be sure to print your schedule as proof that you added or dropped your class(es).
The Early Admissions Orientation provides high school seniors with an opportunity to complete free orientation and educational planning in the Spring of the senior year. Students from any high school can participate in the EA program.
Go 2 Orientation is an interactive online orientation that satisfies the requirement for priority registration.
Students who completed an orientation at a different college must complete all steps below:
- Hand deliver or fax unofficial transcript to 408-741-4076. When faxing, please include "ORIENTATION – transcript" in the subject line.
- Transcript needs to include/document the Orientation has been successfully completed. Otherwise see Noncredit Online Orientation option.
- Schedule a counseling appointment for a student educational plan.