Beginning April 2021 all new students are required to complete the West Valley Welcome pre-orientation prior to registering for classes.
West Valley Welcome is a virtual experience designed to guide you through the registration, financial aid process and introduce you a number of resources as you begin your journey with us.Begin West Valley Welcome
For in depth information about the college and transfer options, we encourage students to enroll in a counseling class.
- COUN A: College Orientation (1/2 unit)
- COUN 2: Academic and Personal Planning (1 unit)
- COUN 5: College Success (3 units)
- COUN 12: Careers and Lifestyles (3 units)
- LRSV 1: Learning Strategies for College and Careers (3 units)
Search and Register for Orientation
From the WVC Portal, select College Web Services
- Log in with student ID number (example: G0xxxxxxx) and your birthdate in 6 digits (example: MMDDYY).
- Click on: Student > Registration > Search for Classes
- Enter term and submit
- Choose the subject
- Be sure to choose the correct college (West Valley or Mission)
- Select View Sections
- Check on the box to select the section you want
- Click on Register
- Be sure to print your schedule as proof that you added or dropped your class(es)
West Valley offers orientations tailored to the following programs.
The Early Admissions Orientation provides high school seniors with an opportunity to complete free orientation and educational planning in the Spring of the senior year. Students from any high school can participate in the EA program.