Your First Step Toward Success Has Already Begun!
The First Year Experience Program (FYE) is a year-long learning community of students, counselors, and instructors. Students enroll in at least one FYE-designated English and/or Math course as well as a College Success Counseling class. The program is designed for students who welcome additional support and guidance to reach transfer, graduation, and career goals. FYE is ideal for first-generation college students. It's also a great way to build a success network of peers, instructors, and counselors. This learning community provides an environment of academic excellence and support.
- Receive additional support and structure as you begin college
- Increase your chances of succeeding in college
- Be a part of a community of learners helping and supporting each other
- Have instructors and counselors committed to the success of first year college students
There will be a mandatory First Year Experience Workshop of Welcome the week before classes start in August. All students will take the following 3 courses in addition to courses outside of First Year Experience:
- At least one FYE English or Math class
- FYE Counseling 5 (College Success) in the Fall
- FYE Counseling 12C (Careers and Lifestyles) in the Spring
If you are interested in being part FYE, complete the application. An FYE counselor will then contact you and help you plan your first semester classes.