Your First Step Toward Success Has Already Begun!Start FYE Application
The First Year Experience Program (FYE) is a year-long learning community designed for new-to-college students who will enroll in FYE designated English, Math, and Counseling classes. This means students will see the same peers in their FYE classes where they can establish bonds, find friends, and belong to a community that supports them in their first year of college. These structured classes along with supportive instructors, a dedicated counselor, and fun activities outside of the classroom, enable students to reach their transfer, graduation, and career goals. FYE is ideal for first-generation college students.
- Understand the college process and have a smooth transition from high school to college
- Get help picking classes during the first year of college
- Receive academic support from a dedicated counselor
- Take interactive college classes with supportive instructors, with the same cohort or group of students
- Build confidence
- Enjoy activities outside of the classroom to build bonds and grow friendships
There is a mandatory First Year Experience (FYE) Welcome Workshop—a daylong event that is held the week before classes start in August. All students will be placed into a cohort and will be required to take at least 2 FYE designated courses each semester during their first year, in addition to any non-FYE courses they wish to take.
For questions related to First Year Experience, please contact: