Career Services

Student speaking to Career Program specialists

Handshake logo

WVMCCD Handshake is a database where students can access local job opportunities, connect with employers, alumni, and peers, and receive help from Career Services. Employers can post part-time and full-time positions and internships, connect with students, and list events. Handshake is free for employers, current West Valley College and Mission College students, and recent alumni.

Employers: due to the high volume of job submissions, please allow a few weeks of processing time for jobs to get approved on Handshake.

Please contact Fatima Kamil with questions about Handshake at careerservicesFREEWEST_VALLEY

Services Offered

West Valley College Career Services serves as a hub to connect students to career tools and opportunities, resources, and courses. Career Services provides support to assist all students toward their next job, internship, and/or career.

Services Offered:

Need Help Figuring Out A Career Path?

Students can discover majors and careers that match with their interests and explore relevant regional career information through Career Coach. Students can also take a career assessment, build their resume in 5 easy steps, and search for local jobs through Career Coach.

Career Resources at West Valley College

Event Date Time Zoom Link
Resume and Cover Letter Workshop Wednesday, February 16 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Join Event
Networking Workshop Tuesday, March 1 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM Join Event
Interview Skills Workshop Tuesday, April 5 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM Join Event

Explore Career Programs at West Valley College.

Career and Lifestyles is a counseling course for students who desire more in-depth career direction. This course focuses on specialized concerns relating to job search and the world of work.

These free short-term noncredit courses provide relevant career and job skills including “essential communication for the workplace,” “digital citizenship for the workplace,” and “leadership skills for the workplace.”

The Entrepreneurship Center is a hub for students and community members to obtain tools, guidance, and insight to help them toward their goal of becoming a business leader. They provide workshops, mentorships, internships, and forums related to entrepreneurship and have a student club.

Alumni Stories

Hear Shanta and other Alumni stories of how they made it at West Valley College.

Watch Shantik’s video where he gives 5 tips for a successful and balanced community college experience.

Career Services Hours

Student Services Center, Room 201
Day Hours
Monday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Wednesday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM

Contact Information

For general questions related to Career Services, please email careerservicesFREEWEST_VALLEY

Fatima Kamil

Fatima Kamil

Transfer Center
Career and Transfer Advisor

(408) 741-2040
Student Services Center 201

Stacy Nojima, PhD

Stacy Nojima, PhD

Student Services
Director of Student Equity Experience

(408) 741-2425
SSC 212F

Stay Connected

Last Updated 1/21/22