Get Started with 5 Easy Steps
This is where it all begins. Want to know how to apply to West Valley? Need money for tuition or books? Want to know what happens once you step through the door? Let’s get started.
- Submit an Online Application.
- You will receive a Confirmation Page upon submission. Please keep your confirmation number for future reference.
- Next, you will receive an email within 24 business hours with your student ID number, password and registration information. If you do not receive this email, please contact our Admissions Office at (408) 741-2001 or email: wvc.admissionsFREEWEST_VALLEY
- Students returning after 1 academic year must re-apply for Admission. Student ID#s will always remain the same.
- Make sure to clear any spam blockers on your computer so you receive important WVC emails.
- A paper version is available to print and submit to the Admissions and Records office.
Apply for Financial Aid
- Get help paying for college. Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for help with your college costs.
- Complete the CCPG - California College Promise Grant (Formerly BOGW) and waive your enrollment fees and a portion of your parking fees.
- Need help? Call the Financial Aid Office at (408) 741-2024 or visit Financial Aid.
Complete Your Guided Self-Placement
- It is recommended that students complete the guided self-placement process to help determine which math and English classes are appropriate.
- ESL (English as a Second Language) assessments are also available.
- Check the Guided Self-Placement information.
- Improve your success in college by attending Orientation - learn about college, complete an Educational Plan and meet with a counselor.
- All first time students are required to attend Orientation.
- Register for Orientation on the WVCPortal.
- Different Orientation options are available: classes, workshops, and online.
Register for Classes
- Select your classes via the class schedule
- Register for your classes via the WVCPortal.
- Pay for your classes:
Prior to the first day of class, view the required and recommended materials for your classes from the Viking Bookstore. Click on: Purchase Textbooks online. Then, enter the course information.