The Board of Trustees has mandated that all staff, faculty and students be vaccinated starting November 1, 2021.
All students currently enrolled in in-person coursework, working on campus, and/or planning to participate in on-campus programs/activities/services, will be required to declare their vaccination status by November 1, 2021.
- Fall students will be contacted about their vaccination status via email, text and phone call.
- Faculty and staff will also be required to be vaccinated.
- Students will not be able to register for Winter/Spring without a vaccination.
- Fall students could be tested twice a week if they fail to indicate their vaccination status.
- You must wear a mask while indoors at West Valley College.
On Tuesday, September 21, 2021, the WVMCCD Board of Trustees approved a COVID-19 vaccination mandate and testing program for all employees that are assigned to work on-campus, and all students that are taking in-person classes. The first phase of implementing this policy started on November 1, 2021, and allowed these individuals the option of either being fully vaccinated or participating in twice weekly testing.
Effective January 1, 2022, all employees that are assigned to work on-campus, and all students that are taking in-person classes, must be fully vaccinated. The option to test twice weekly will only be provided to those individuals who receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the vaccination requirement.
Employees that are planning to be vaccinated prior to January 1, 2022, are strongly encouraged to begin the vaccination process as soon as possible. Find a vaccination site.