Process for Incoming Students
- Complete an application to West Valley College.
- Attend an On-to-College Orientation for Students with Disabilities offered in the spring.
- Obtain necessary documents from high school or medical professional.
- Complete an application to the Disability and Educational Support Program.
- Upload documents to the application. (If you need help with this you can bring them to the DESP office.)
- Call or email DESP to make a counseling appointment to complete the program intake and discuss educational planning.
- Complete Guided Self-Placement.
All DESP information is available in alternate formats upon request.
On-to-College Orientation Workshops for High School Seniors with IEP's and 504's
First year california community college students are required to complete college orientation, course placement guidance and an educational plan. Information will be presented on:
- Applying to West Valley College/DESP
- DESP accomodations and services
- West Valley College/DESP classes and program
- AA/AS/ADT degree, transfer and career programs
- Course Placement Guidance
- Educational Planning
- Financial Aid