Process for Incoming Students
- Complete an application to West Valley College.
- Attend an On-to-College Orientation for Students with Disabilities offered in the spring.
- Obtain necessary documents from high school or medical professional.
- Complete an application to the Disability and Educational Support Program.
- Upload documents to the application. (If you need help with this you can bring them to the DESP office.)
- Call or email DESP to make a counseling appointment to complete the program intake and discuss educational planning.
- Complete Guided Self-Placement.
All DESP information is available in alternate formats upon request.
High School Seniors with IEP's and 504's
On-to-College Orientation Workshops
First year california community college students are required to complete college orientation, course placement guidance and an educational plan. Information will be presented on:
- Applying to West Valley College/DESP
- DESP services and courses
- Mandatory First Year Requirements
- College resources, expectations, and academic paths
- West Valley College/DESP classes and program
- AA/AS/ADT degree, transfer and career programs
- Course Placement Guidance
- Educational Planning
- Financial Aid
Spring 2023 Orientation Dates
|Wednesday, April 19||5:00 PM – 7:00 PM||In-Person|
|Thursday, May 4||5:00 PM – 7:00 PM||In-Person|
|Wednesday, May 10||5:00 PM – 6:30 PM||Virtually via Zoom|
|Tuesday, June 20||3:30 PM – 5:00 PM||Virtually via Zoom|