|Semester of Graduation||Petition Deadline|
|Summer Graduation||Thursday, July 22, 2021|
|Fall Graduation||Thursday, September 16, 2021|
|Spring Graduation||Thursday, February 17, 2022|
Steps to Petition to Graduate
Step 1: Meet with a Counselor and Confirm Your Major
Step 2: Apply to Graduate
Deadline: Thursday, September 16, 2021Apply Online via My Portal
Step 3: Submit Documentation
If applicable, submit supporting documentation to the Records Office by the application due date. Award letters or updates are typically received within 4-6 weeks of submission.
- Official Transcripts from other colleges
- Official AP, CLEP and IB test scores
- Course substitutions approved by the appropriate academic department
- High School transcript or the Language other than English Verification to clear IGETC Area 6
In the email subject line, please use the keyword: Graduation.Submit Documents to email@example.com
- Student meets with Counselor
- Deadline: Thursday, September 16, 2021
- Award Letter: 6-8 weeks after submission
- Posted on Transcript: 2-3 weeks after final grades are posted
- Certificate / Degree Mailed: 3-4 months after end of the term
Did you miss the petition deadline?
If so, the Records Department can only guarantee processing for petitions submitted on time. Otherwise, you can contact our office to submit a late petition which will be kept on file and reviewed in order of receipt. Any petitions that are not reviewed will receive priority in the following term.
Questions about eligibility?
Please contact Counseling.
Questions about missing the petition deadline?
Please contact wvc.recordsFREEWEST_VALLEY