|Semester of Graduation||Petition Deadline|
|Spring Graduation 2023||Sunday, February 19, 2023|
Steps to Petition to Graduate
Step 1: Meet with a Counselor and Confirm Your Major
- Schedule an appointment to confirm that you have met the requirements for your degree and/or certificate.
- If you need to update your major, you can submit the correction using the Change of Major form.
Step 2: Apply to Graduate
Deadline: Sunday, February 19, 2023Apply Online via My Portal
Step 3: Submit Documentation
If applicable, submit supporting documentation to the Records Office by the application due date. Award letters or updates are typically received within 4-6 weeks of submission.
- Official Transcripts from other colleges
- Official AP, CLEP and IB test scores
- Course substitutions approved by the appropriate academic department
- High School transcript or the Language other than English Verification to clear IGETC Area 6
In the email subject line, please use the keyword: Graduation.Submit Documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student meets with Counselor
- Deadline: See petition deadline dates above
- Award Letter: 6-8 weeks after submission
- Posted on Transcript: 2-3 weeks after final grades are posted
- Certificate / Degree Mailed: 3-4 months after end of the term
Did you miss the petition deadline?
If so, the Records Department can only guarantee processing for petitions submitted on time. Otherwise, you can contact our office to submit a late petition which will be kept on file and reviewed in order of receipt. Any petitions that are not reviewed will receive priority in the following term.
Questions about eligibility?
Please contact Counseling.
Questions about missing the petition deadline?
Please contact wvc.recordsFREEWEST_VALLEY