This course for health professionals covers the principles and concepts of human anatomy through the comprehensive study of the gross and microscopic structure of the human body. Lab consists of human cadaver examination, specimen dissection, and microscopic examination of human tissues.
Credit - Degree Applicable Transferable to both UC and CSU
- Grade Options: Letter Grade
- In-Class Lecture Hours: 48 – 54
- In-Class Lab Hours: 96 – 108
Requisites and Advisories
- Prerequisites: BIOL 010 or BIOL 011
- Co-Requisites: None
- Advisory: None
- Additional Requisite Information:
The BIOL 010 or BIOL 011 prerequisite can be satisfied by the successful completion of an equivalent high school general Biology course.
Course should include an overview of cellular structure, cellular function, cell division and the scientific method.
Transferable to both UC and CSU
- WVC GE: B. Natural Sciences
- CSU GE: Area B - Scientific Inquiry and Quantitative Reasoning: B2- Life
Area B - Scientific Inquiry and Quantitative Reasoning: B3- Laboratory Activity: Lab course used from B1 or B2
- UC/IGETC GE: Area 5 - Physical and Biological Sciences: 5B- Biological Sciences
Area 5 - Physical and Biological Sciences: 5C \u2013 Laboratory
- C-ID: BIOL 110 B - Human Anatomy with Lab