This course, intended for music majors, focuses on the individualized study of techniques and repertoire for piano. Instruction is comprised of both private lessons and studio master classes. Emphasis is placed on the progressive development of skills needed for solo performance. Achievement is evaluated through a performance before a jury of music faculty.
Credit - Degree Applicable Transferable to both UC and CSU
- Grade Options: Letter Grade
- In-Class Lecture Hours: 0
- In-Class Lab Hours: 48 – 54
Students attend 16-18 hours of Hours by Arrangement lessons, and 32-36 hours of scheduled class meetings.
Requisites and Advisories
- Prerequisites: None
- Co-Requisites: MUSC 042 or MUSC 048 or MUSC 049
- Advisory: None
- Additional Requisite Information:
Prerequisite: Audition to demonstrate collegiate level achievement on piano.
Transferable to both UC and CSU
- C-ID: MUS 160 - Applied Music