- PHYS 10: Conceptual Introduction to Physics
- PHYS 2A: General Physics – Mechanics
- PHYS 2B: General Physics – Electricity and Magnetism
- PHYS 4A: Engineering Physics – Mechanics
- PHYS 4B: Engineering Physics – Electricity and Magentism
- PHYS 4C: Engineering Physics – Light, Heat and Waves
- PHYS 4D: Advanced Topics in Modern Physics
- PSCI 10: Physical Science Survey
MS in Physics (Experimental Solis Stats)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
BS in Physics/Electrical Engineering with Honors
Northeastern University, where he participated in Cooperative Education program.
First Year at West Valley
- Mahmoud has over 25 years of combined experience in higher education academic course development & teaching, as well as R&D in the Semiconductor IC industry, IC Modeling, and Design, Renewable Energy Consulting, Design & Installation of Solar Systems, as well as Executive Management.
- He received his BS in Physics/EE with Honor from Northeastern University, where he participated in Cooperative Education program.
- He received his MS in Physics (Experimental Solis Stats) from MIT in 1979.
- He has been working in the high-tech, semiconductor industry for 25 years in Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC), National Semiconductor, Meta Software, Epic Design, and Synopsys Inc. companies; as Principal Engineer and Director of R&D.
- He has also been involved in academia for over 7 years in community colleges and universities as an adjunct professor teaching undergraduate courses in General Physics, Modern physics. Optics, and Engineering.
- He founded a startup company in Solar (Photovoltaic) Energy, called SolarBreeze Technology Inc., in 2007, www.solarbt.com
- Mahmoud has developed training courses and curriculum for photovoltaic solar energy systems, in both technical and sales/marketing areas.
- He has been involved in conducting research, design, consulting, and installation of many solar energy systems for over 5 years.
- Mahmoud has over 16 publications and 4 patents in the area of Semiconductor Integrated Circuit design tools.
- “A New Simulation Method for NBTI Analysis in SPICE Environment”, Rakesh Vattikonda, Yansheng Luo, Alex Gyure, Xiaoning Qi, Sam Lo, Mahmoud Shahram, Yu Cao, Kishore Singhal, Dino Toffolon, ISQED , San Jose, CA 2007
- "Simulation of Interconnect Inductive Impact in the Presence of Process Variations in 90 nm and Beyond,", X. Qi, A. Gyure, Y. Luo, S. C. Lo, Mahmoud Shahram, and K. Singhal, IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol. 27, No. 8, pp. 696-698, Aug. 2006.
- “Modeling and full-chip screening for inductive impact on VLSI interconnect,” X. Qi and Mahmoud Shahram, accepted by 2006 China-Ireland International Conference on Information and Communications Technologies, Oct. 2006.
- “Efficient sub-threshold leakage current optimization and layout migration for 90nm and 65nm ASIC libraries,”, X. Qi, S. Lo, A. Gyure, Y. Luo, Mahmoud Shahram, K. Singhal, and D. B. MacMillan, to be published in IEEE Circuits and Devices Magazine, Sep. 2006.
- "Measurement and Characterization of Pattern Dependent Process Variations of Interconnect Resistance, Capacitance and Inductance in Nanometer Technologies,", X. Qi, A. Gyure, Y. Luo, S. C. Lo, Mahmoud Shahram, and K. Singhal, Great Lakes Symposium on VLSI, Philadelphia, PA, May 2006.
- “Measurement and Simulation of Interconnect Inductance in 90nm & Beyond” Xiaoning Qi, Alex Gyure, Yansheng Luo, Sam Lo, Mahmoud Shahram, Kishore Singhal; SISPAD, Tokyo, Japan 2005.
- “Simulation and Analysis of Inductive Impact on VLSI Interconnects in the Presence of Process Variations”, Xiaoning Qi, Alex Gyure, Yansheng Luo, Sam Lo, Mahmoud Shahram, Kishore Singhal; CICC San Jose, CA. 2005.
- “Analytical Modeling of Crosstalk Noise Waveforms using Weibull Function” Alireza Kasnavi, Joddy Wang, Jindrich Zejda, Mahmoud Shahram; ICCAD, 2004