The library decided to focus on lending as many textbooks as possible without any strings attached at the start of the pandemic. At the same time, we partnered with groups across campus to lend laptops, Surface Gos, hot spots and graphing calculators.
The program has grown its textbook offerings and currently has 2,390 copies of 330 textbook titles for 159 courses. Technology loans have also been popular. During the past year, 196 computers were loaned to students.
The Library will continue to grow the program with the help of our partners across the campus. The official name change will happen prior to the beginning of the fall semester. We will be publishing more information and links in early August.
New Database Offerings
Students have access to WSJ's Student Hub with curated content on job prep, finance tips and career insights.
Faculty have access to a suite of tools that demonstrate real-world applications of academic theories. There is the ability to integrate WSJ articles in your Canvas shells.
Come to a Professor Workshop with reps from WSJ on Friday, May 10 from 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM. Contact Maryanne%20Mills if you are interested.
For more information, see Getting Started with The Wall Street Journal.
- The Essential Collection contains 680 journal titles across major disciplines taught here at West Valley.
- The Lives of Literature Collection is a collection of academic journals devoted to the deep study of writers and texts associated with core literary movements.
Virtual Research Help
Here are two ways your students can contact the library for assistance:
Librarians are available to chat with students using Cranium Cafe from our homepage. Hours: M-Th 8am-7:30pm, Fridays 9am – 1pm, Saturdays 12pm – 4pm.
Students can request research assistance using our Research Help Form to describe the help they need (assistance with locating articles and books, citation assistance, finding books, checking out a print book, etc.). A librarian will get back to them.
Students can also request a printed book directly from OneSearch. Library staff will let you know when the book is ready for pick-up.
The Library will be open as a study space. There will be a sign in sheet and masks and social distancing will be practiced. Hours of operation:
|Monday||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM – 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM – 7:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM – 1:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 PM – 4:00 PM|
- Study rooms will be unavailable
- Computers will be available, but spaced appropriately
- Seating at desks and carrels will be spaced appropriately
- Reserves which are checked out will be quarantined for 3 days after use. Students will need to confirm that a book is available on OneSearch or by calling the Library Checkout Desk at 408-741-2028. Students can also take photos of up to 5 pages at a time if the book is available.
- Black & white printing and photocopying will be available at the usual charges
- Masks are required as well as social distancing
Did you know that every subject taught at WVC has a Librarian Liaison? Librarians can help you incorporate library resources within your courses and tailor research guides on specific topics. Faculty who meet with a Librarian Liaison can earn flex credit!
The WVC Library has published a research guide focusing on Black anti-racism resources.
Contact the Library Team
Senior Library Technician
Senior Library Media Technician
Vice Provost of Academic Affairs
Fox Room 207
Acquisitions Librarian and Department Chair
Instruction & Outreach Librarian
Technical and Circulation Services Librarian
Library Technical Processing Office