Handshake is a database where students can access local job opportunities and connect with employers. Employers can post part-time and full-time positions and internships, connect with students, and list events. Handshake is free for employers. We are listed as West Valley-Mission Community College District on Handshake.
- Create a user account.
- Join your existing company on Handshake, or create a new one.
- Request to connect with schools.
- Start posting jobs and internships.
For more detailed instructions, visit Handshake Support below. Please reach out to Fatima%20Kamil if you have any questions.
LAEP provides funds to participating public postsecondary educational institutions to offer eligible students opportunities to earn money to help pay their educational costs while gaining career-related experience in their fields of study at:
- Research centers and institutions operated by public postsecondary educational institutions providing direct opportunities to participate in research
- Public schools
- Nonsectarian, nonpolitical organizations that are capable of providing full-time employment or connection to another employer able to provide full-time employment after graduation
If you are an employer interested in a potential partnership, please contact the LAEP & Career Liaison, Annie%20Blank.