How to Order Transcripts
How to Order an IGETC or GE Certification
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) Certificate is a pattern of courses that community college students can use to satisfy lower division general education.
- The CSU General Education (GE) Certification is a pattern of courses that community college students can use to satisfy lower division general education requirements for any California State University campus.
- To discuss course options or learn more about GE or IGETC curriculum, please contact the Transfer Center.
- You only need to order an IGETC or GE Certification if your counselor or transfer institution advises you to do so.
- Important: Rush transcripts are not available for orders that include an IGETC or GE Certification. Do not select this option unless you need it.
- If you have additional questions, please contact the Counseling Department or your transfer institution.
- Students typically request an IGETC or GE Certification for transfer purposes through a standard Transcript Request Form.
- If you have coursework from another college that needs to be included in the certification, please forward official transcripts to the Records Department.
- If you completed coursework at an institution outside of California, your transcripts must be accompanied by course descriptions.
|West Valley College, Attn: Records
14000 Fruitvale Ave, Saratoga, CA 95070
|Rush Electronic: $20||1 business day||Rush electronic services are available for orders that do not have attachments, IGETC or GE evaluation requests.
Recipients typically receive a rush electronic order within one business day of the initial request.
|Standard Electronic: $6||5-10 business days||Standard electronic orders are typically received within 5-10 business days of the initial request.|
|Rush and Standard Print Document||Due to the suspension of on-site services, we are not able to generate print documents or records at this time.
If your recipient location or institution requires a print document, please contact them directly and inform them that this is not a possibility at this time while print and shipping services are indefinitely suspended.
Recommendation: The online ordering system (Credentials) includes options for sending a PDF transcript to a specific email address. Identify an authorized recipient at your school or organization, and have the document emailed directly to them.
|FedEx Rush Shipping||Suspended Indefinitely|
|Rush IGETC / GE Evaluation||Suspended Indefinitely|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Federal privacy laws restrict the access of student information and records to anyone other than the student; this privacy law includes minors. Designated recipients of student information must have a signed and dated consent form from the student authorizing the release of records and/or information: Authorization to Release Information.
- Photo identification is required for access to student records or accounts.
- Transcripts include all in-progress and completed coursework at West Valley College and Mission College.
- Final grades and awards are posted to student records within 2-4 weeks following the close of each term. Expedited award or final grade posting is not available.
- Yes, you can place an advance order for your official transcript before your grades are posted. When ordering online, simply select “hold until final grades are posted.”
- Important: Final grades and awards are posted to student records within 2-4 weeks following the close of each term. Expedited award or final grade posting is not available.
Please have your institution forward your official transcript to wv.transcriptsFREEWEST_VALLEY
Transcripts from other schools/colleges cannot be forwarded, released or ordered through West Valley College.
Review of Incoming Official Transcripts and External Examination Scores (e.g., AP, IB, & CLEP)
Students who completed coursework at accredited domestic colleges outside of the West Valley Mission Community College District should submit official transcripts and external examination scores for evaluation towards general education requirements.
- Evaluation of courses towards General Ed Credit (local AA/AS, CSU and IGETC)
- Clarity on how prior coursework applies towards educational goals
By submitting a request for transcript evaluation, external coursework will be included in the student's academic history and may impact the student’s cumulative GPA. Grades from external records become a permanent part of the student’s West Valley College (WVC) record and cannot be removed.
Plan ahead as transcript evaluations can take 8-10 weeks to process.
Follow the 5 steps below for timely processing of your request.
Steps to Request Transcript Evaluation
Frequently Asked Questions
Hard-copy transcripts and other academic records are considered "official" when they arrive in a sealed, stamped, official envelope with the seal and any other security feature intact. Electronic transcripts are considered "official" when we receive them from a secure site formally linked to the sending institution or testing service.
Academic records received in any other condition, such as transcripts that arrive in an unsealed envelope, or that are emailed or uploaded by the student, or that are printed from the university portal, are not considered “official.”
Official transcript received from a domestically accredited institution. Foreign transcripts, see our Transcript Evaluation Guidelines for International Students.
Official High school transcripts can be used to meet the IGETC language requirement (other than English) and the Math proficiency for local degrees.
Individual coursework from other colleges will not be displayed on the transcript. The units and GPA earned will appear in the transfer unit GPA summary and will be calculated into the overall cumulative GPA and units.
For foreign transcripts, see our Transcript Evaluation Guidelines for International Students.
It can take up to 8-10 weeks to complete the evaluation.