How to Order Transcripts
How to Order an IGETC or GE Evaluation
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) certificate is a pattern of courses that community college students can use to satisfy lower division general education.
- The CSU General Education (GE) certification is a pattern of courses that community college students can use to satisfy lower division general education requirements for any California State University campus.
- To discuss course options or learn more about GE or IGETC curriculum, please contact the Transfer Center.
- You only need to order an IGETC or GE evaluation if your counselor or transfer institution advises you to do so.
- Important: Rush transcripts are not available for orders that include an IGETC or GE Evaluation. Do not select this option unless you need it.
- If you have additional questions, please contact the Counseling Department or your transfer institution.
- Students typically request an IGETC or GE evaluation for transfer purposes through a standard Transcript Request Form.
- If you have coursework from another college that needs to be included in the evaluation, please forward official transcripts to the Records Department.
- If you completed coursework at an institution outside of California, your transcripts must be accompanied by course descriptions.
Fax: No Fax – Campus Closure – COVID 19
Mail: No Mail – Campus Closure – COVID 19
|Rush Electronic: $20||1 business day||Rush electronic services are available for orders that do not have attachments, IGETC or GE evaluation requests.
Recipients typically receive a rush electronic order within one business day of the initial request.
|Standard Electronic: $6||5-10 business days||Standard electronic orders are typically received within 5-10 business days of the initial request.|
|Rush and Standard Print Document||Due to the suspension of on-site services, we are not able to generate print documents or records at this time.
If your recipient location or institution requires a print document, please contact them directly and inform them that this is not a possibility at this time while print and shipping services are indefinitely suspended.
Recommendation: The online ordering system (Credentials) includes options for sending a PDF transcript to a specific email address. Identify an authorized recipient at your school or organization, and have the document emailed directly to them.
|FedEx Rush Shipping||Suspended Indefinitely|
|Rush IGETC / GE Evaluation||Suspended Indefinitely|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Federal privacy laws restrict the access of student information and records to anyone other than the student; this privacy law includes minors. Designated recipients of student information must have a signed and dated consent form from the student authorizing the release of records and/or information: Authorization to Release Information.
- Photo identification is required for access to student records or accounts.
- Transcripts include all in-progress and completed coursework at West Valley College and Mission College.
- Final grades and awards are posted to student records within 2-4 weeks following the close of each term. Expedited award or final grade posting is not available.
- Yes, you can place an advance order for your official transcript before your grades are posted. When ordering online, simply select “hold until final grades are posted.”
- Important: Final grades and awards are posted to student records within 2-4 weeks following the close of each term. Expedited award or final grade posting is not available.
Please have your institution forward your official transcript to email@example.com
- Transcripts from other schools/colleges cannot be forwarded, released or ordered through West Valley College.