Transcript Order Options
How to Order an IGETC or GE Certification
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) Certificate is a pattern of courses that community college students can use to satisfy lower division general education.
- The CSU General Education (GE) Certification is a pattern of courses that community college students can use to satisfy lower division general education requirements for any California State University campus.
- To discuss course options or learn more about GE or IGETC curriculum, please contact the Transfer Center.
- You only need to order an IGETC or GE Certification if your counselor or transfer institution advises you to do so.
- Important: Rush transcripts are not available for orders that include an IGETC or GE Certification. Do not select this option unless you need it.
- If you have additional questions, please contact the Counseling Department or your transfer institution.
- Students typically request an IGETC or GE Certification for transfer purposes through a standard Transcript Request Form.
- If you have coursework from another college that needs to be included in the certification, please forward official transcripts to the Records Department.
- If you completed coursework at an institution outside of California, your transcripts must be accompanied by course descriptions.
Credit for Prior Learning
|West Valley College, Attn: Records
14000 Fruitvale Ave, Saratoga, CA 95070
|Electronic: $6||1-2 Business Days||Recipients typically receive an electronic order within one business day of the initial request.|
|Mail: $6||1-2 Business Days||Order will be processed and mailed out to recipient within 1-2 business days.|
|GE/IGETC: $6||5-10 Business Days||Order may take up to 10 business days to get processed and sent out to recipient. Can be mailed out or sent electronically.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Federal privacy laws restrict the access of student information and records to anyone other than the student; this privacy law includes minors. Designated recipients of student information must have a signed and dated consent form from the student authorizing the release of records and/or information: Authorization to Release Information.
- Photo identification is required for access to student records or accounts.
- Transcripts include all in-progress and completed coursework at West Valley College and Mission College.
- Final grades and awards are posted to student records within 2-4 weeks following the close of each term. Expedited award or final grade posting is not available.
- Yes, you can place an advance order for your official transcript before your grades are posted. When ordering online, simply select “hold until final grades are posted.”
- Important: Final grades and awards are posted to student records within 2-4 weeks following the close of each term. Expedited award or final grade posting is not available.
We accept official transcripts three ways:
- Have your institution send your official transcript to wv.transcriptsFREEWEST_VALLEY
- Have your institution mail your official transcript to West Valley College, ATTN: Counseling Department, 14000 Fruitvale Ave, Saratoga, CA.
- You can hand-deliver an official copy of your transcript in a sealed envelope to the Counseling Department at West Valley College, located in Student Services Center.
To have the transcript evaluated by West Valley, you must complete the Transcript Evaluation Form. To complete the form, you must be enrolled in (or have completed) 12 units. Within 8 – 12 weeks of submitting the transcript evaluation form and official transcripts, you will receive an email indicating the process is complete and you can schedule a meeting with a counselor to review the evaluation.
Transcripts from other schools/colleges cannot be forwarded, released or ordered through West Valley College.
Review of Incoming Official Transcripts and External Examination Scores (e.g., AP, IB, & CLEP)
Students who completed coursework at accredited domestic colleges outside of the West Valley Mission Community College District should submit official transcripts and external examination scores for evaluation towards general education requirements.
- Evaluation of courses towards General Ed Credit (local AA/AS, CSU and IGETC)
- Clarity on how prior coursework applies towards educational goals
By submitting a request for transcript evaluation, external coursework will be included in the student's academic history and may impact the student’s cumulative GPA. Grades from external records become a permanent part of the student’s West Valley College (WVC) record and cannot be removed.
Plan ahead as transcript evaluations can take 8-10 weeks to process.
Follow the 5 steps below for timely processing of your request.
Steps to Request Transcript Evaluation
Frequently Asked Questions
Hard-copy transcripts and other academic records are considered "official" when they arrive in a sealed, stamped, official envelope with the seal and any other security feature intact. Electronic transcripts are considered "official" when we receive them from a secure site formally linked to the sending institution or testing service.
Academic records received in any other condition, such as transcripts that arrive in an unsealed envelope, or that are emailed or uploaded by the student, or that are printed from the university portal, are not considered “official.”
Official transcript received from a domestically accredited institution. Foreign transcripts, see our Transcript Evaluation Guidelines for International Students.
Official High school transcripts can be used to meet the IGETC language requirement (other than English) and the Math proficiency for local degrees.
Individual coursework from other colleges will not be displayed on the transcript. The units and GPA earned will appear in the transfer unit GPA summary and will be calculated into the overall cumulative GPA and units.
For foreign transcripts, see our Transcript Evaluation Guidelines for International Students.
It can take up to 8-10 weeks to complete the evaluation.