Not Sure Which English Class to Take?
Start with the online self-placement tool at: https://web.wvm.edu/placement-tool-wv
It’s recommended that students who plan to transfer start with English 1A, either with or without English 099X Supplemental English Composition (Track A or B).
If you are unsure of which pathway to take or you answer YES to any of the questions below, make an appointment to see a counselor for placement guidance (408) 741-2009.
- Did you attend high school more than 10 years ago?
- Do you have AP, SAT, or CLEP scores?
- Do you have employment experience?
- Do you have military experience? Call a veteran's counselor for an appointment (408) 741-2170.
- Did you take ESL classes?
- Did you have an IEP or 504 from High School? Call a DESP counselor for an appointment (408) 741-2010.
* Strongly recommended concurrent Support Class for students with a High School GPA below 1.9 and recommended for students with a High School GPA between 1.9 – 2.59.