The West Valley College Academic Directions Committee serves as a standing subcommittee of the Academic Senate to provide support to the Senate and the College as a whole to ensure ongoing maintenance of student needs at West Valley College, including the following:
- Review ideas for new programs to determine whether they meet student needs and make recommendations to the Senate regarding whether the program should be allowed to go forward through the full approval process.
- Provide guidance for new program development once the program has passed through Senate pre-approval.
- Assist existing programs that have been identified as needing revitalization and track their progress.
- Make recommendations to the Senate to move forward with Program Discontinuance for programs that have not been successful. (may need to add reference to Program Revitalization process and fiscal emergency)
- Work with other constituent groups to forge consensus on matters pertaining to student needs.
|Diane Rudy||Chair: Physical Education|
|Stephanie Kashima||Administrative Rep (non-voting)|
|Stacey Hopkins||Applied Arts and Sciences|
|Thuy Tran||Classified Rep|
|Ann Marie Wasserbauer||Language Arts|
|Elise Johnson||Student Services|
|Amy Vu||Science and Math|