An Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) is a guaranteed pathway for transfer into the California State University (CSU) system. After earning an Associate of Arts for Transfer (AA-T) or Associate of Science for Transfer (AS-T) degree, students will be guaranteed admission to a CSU campus with junior standing. While admission to your campus of choice is not guaranteed, students will be given priority consideration for admission to any CSU campus that offers a program that has been designated as “similar” by CSU.
- Students who complete an AA-T/AS-T will be given a special GPA advantage when applying to a CSU for a similar major
- Students can find the majors that correspond to their ADT at: A Degree with a Guarantee
- Students are guaranteed admission to a CSU campus (students who do not get into their preferred school may be rerouted to another campus)
- Students will need to complete no more than 60 units to obtain their BA/BS after transferring
- Apply for admission to a CSU by November 30 for Fall admission or by August 30 for Spring admission into an approved similar degree program as your ADT degree
- Complete all coursework by the end of Spring semester for Fall admission, or by the end of summer term for Spring admission
- Petition to graduate for your ADT degree in the Admissions & Records Office by the end of January to graduate in the spring and transfer in the Fall, or in mid-September to graduate in the Fall and transfer in the Spring
For more information, please visit the Chancellor's Office ADT website.