BRAC will guide the overall budget and integrated resource allocation process, including establishing the budget and planning timeline, implementation of related procedures, and the policies and criteria used as the basis for evaluating budget matters proposals. Reports to College Council.
BRAC is a participatory governance committee guided by the representation and feedback of Academic Senate, Classified Senate, Associated Student Government, as well as faculty member and classified professional and administrative representation. The charge is to guide the overall budget process, integrate with other programs such as grants, categoricals, and other external funding sources, implementation, and timelines as part of institutional planning. BRAC will review and evaluate available funding sources and recommendations for integrated budget allocations to College Council. Responsibilities of BRAC include joint review with the Institutional Effectiveness Committee of strategic planning and resource requests. This committee ensures processes are aligned with accreditation standards, college goals, strategic planning, equity framework, and state and federal funding guidelines. As well, BRAC will:
- Train members to become budget experts
- Set College budget policies/processes
- Develop and implement college integrated budget allocation model
- Work with Office of Administrative Services, the Program Review Committee and Office of Institutional Effectiveness to recommend budget priorities to College Council as a recommendation to the college president
- Ensure the college budget recommendations are guided by the college mission and vision
- Ensure accreditation standards are met by linking planning and program review to resource allocation
- Recommend appropriate funding sources for program review and strategic planning goals.
First and Third Thursday from 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM. Join Meeting: zoom.us/j/92206006274
BRAC is being refreshed in Fall Semester 2020 and uses WVC SharePoint for all agenda, minutes, and presentation documents.
- Thursday, October 29
- Thursday, November 12
- Thursday, December 3
- Thursday, February 4
- Thursday, February 18
- Thursday, March 4
- Thursday, March 18
- Thursday, April 1
- Thursday, April 15
- Thursday, May 6
BRAC task force is currently in process of validating its membership.
|Donna Breckenridge||Committee Support|
|Elizabeth Maciel||Committee Support|
|Cher Vinson||Committee Support|