Private & Out-of-State

If you are interested in transferring to a private or out-of-state university, you need to go to that school’s website to learn about their specific transfer admission requirements. Please visit Articulation for links already established with some of our more popular private transfer institutions and out-of-state colleges/universities.

Private Universities

Some private colleges in California accept our Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADT/AA-T/AS-T) as a guaranteed admission to their campus. This agreement allows:

  • Guaranteed admission for the ADT students meeting admission requirements
  • Guarantees a minimum of 60 semester/90 quarter units will transfer
  • Guarantees the student starts with junior standing

We strongly recommend you meet with a counselor to help you plan what you need to do to prepare to transfer to a private or out-of-state college/university.

You can learn more about all accredited California private colleges/universities by visiting the AICCU website.

Out-of-State and International Universities

University of Hawai’i at Manoa

We have an articulation agreement that provides students the opportunity to transfer to UHM’s College of Social Sciences. Students need to successfully complete an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) in Administration of Justice, Anthropology, Business Administration, Communication Studies, Economics, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Social Justice, or Sociology to earn guaranteed admission to UHM with junior standing. Qualifying students may also be eligible to participate in the Western Undergraduate Exchange tuition program, which provides a significant tuition discount (150% of in-state tuition) making the cost of room and board at UHM equivalent to room and board at San Jose State University.

For more information, please visit the Aloha Pathway website.

Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU)

The California Community Colleges HBCU Transfer Program is an agreement that facilitates the transfer process of community college students to a set of partnering HBCUs. This agreement simplifies the transfer process and shortens the time to degree completion.

Students are guaranteed admission into participating institutions if they meet one of the two following requirements:

  1. Complete an Associate Degree for Transfer with a 2.0 GPA or higher, with completion of either the IGETC or CSU GE pattern
  2. Complete a minimum of 30 UC or CSU transferable units with a 2.0 GPA or higher

Please note that certain partner HBCU campuses will require a higher GPA. 

Participating Colleges/Universities

Last Updated 12/19/23