West Valley College’s Career Services helps all students to discover and plan for their career success. Career Services offers our students a range of support services, like career aptitude assessment, career awareness, job skill preparation, resume and interview assistance, and work experience opportunities.
- Resume Writing – Get help constructing a resume to secure an interview.
- Cover Letter Writing – Get help constructing a cover letter that complements a resume in order to market yourself to potential employers.
- Interview Preparation and Mock Interviews – Practice with mock interviews and get tips on how to improve your skills.
- Job Search and Career Exploration – Learn about tools to make a job search more productive.
- Internship Preparation – Get help with preparation to ensure success during and after an internship.
- Counselors – Get help with your educational path. Set up an appointment.
- Career Development Workshops - Grow personally and professionally by participating in various workshops.
- Work Experience and Work Preparatory Classes – Learn to work and get credit for it!
Career Technical Programs are courses leading to an Associate of Science Degree or Associate of Arts Degree and courses leading to a Certificate of Achievement. These programs provide instruction in the skills and knowledge needed to enter or to make progress in an occupation.
Work Experience is a program that awards college credit for on-the-job learning experiences for students employed in a job or internship.
Noncredit Work Skills Courses
Essential Communication Skills for the Workplace: Resume and cover letter writing, communication strategies to represent yourself professionally and compete in today’s job market, how to collaborate and leverage your resources in a job search.
Digital Citizenship for the Workplace
Creating a dynamic LinkedIn profile, creating a comprehensive online presence effectively networking online. Building good research skills.
Leadership for the Workplace
Emotional Intelligence Assessment and Case Scenarios in how to proactively communicate with your supervisor, work effectively in a team and receive feedback in a performance evaluation/review.
COUN 12: Career and Life Styles is a special topic module for those who desire more in-depth career direction. This course focuses on specialized concerns relating to job search and the world of work.