Catalog 2023-2024

Download or Print Page

Grade Changes

Pursuant to California regulations governing community colleges, a student is permitted to request that substandard academic work (D, F, NP or NC) be disregarded from his/her cumulative grade point average when such work does not reflect current demonstrated ability or level of performance. A maximum of 24 units of course work may be requested from either one or both colleges in the student’s cumulative grade point average.

A student who wishes to qualify for a degree, certificate, or transfer may petition the designated academic appeals committee at their college of attendance by submitting their petition to the appropriate college office. Academic renewal does not guarantee that other colleges will accept this action. The acceptance of academic renewal is at the discretion of the receiving institution.

Last Updated 7/19/23