Steps to apply for the Community Grant
- Complete the CCC Apply application to West Valley (you will be assigned your WVC Student ID number)
- Complete the Community Grant Application. Applications are no longer being accepted for this academic year.
- Beginning March 15, sign up for and attend a Counseling A Orientation class (0.5 credit) – either an in-person or an online class is acceptable.
- Complete the FAFSA or Dream Act application. For additional information, see steps to apply for Financial Aid.
- Attend the WVC Convocation on Friday, August 16, 2019.
- One year of free tuition
- May also include: textbook vouchers and transportation support, which can include free parking
- Students must be 2019 high school graduates from a public, private, or home school program.
- Students must live in the City of San José or within the West Valley College service area, defined by the boundaries of the Los Gatos–Saratoga Union High School District and the Campbell Union High School District.