Meet Online with a Professional Studies Counselor
Preparing Students for Professional Success
Business administration focuses on business management and prepares you to work in the world of commerce. Business administration course work includes the principles and application of economics, marketing and planning.
An Associate of Science Degree in Business Administration will give you a well-rounded business education. You can become one of those people employers are looking for -- people who can go beyond their immediate area of specialization, people who are able to grasp "the big picture," people who care about the company and its success.
West Valley College offers an excellent two-year program preparing you to get started in a variety of careers. Core courses in the Business major include units in accounting, business, and computer science.
In addition to these courses, you will also complete requirements for one of the certificate programs:
- Human Resources
- Small Business Essentials
The Real Estate Program at West Valley College equips you with the tools you need to represent buyers or sellers in the real estate transaction process. You can also learn about appraisal, property management, lending and other career options in real estate. By mastering the skills needed to succeed in the real estate field, you can enjoy the flexibility of a versatile schedule, while also helping other realize their dream of property ownership.
Flexible Schedule Options
The Department of Business Administration and Real Estate offers students a variety of schedule options so that classes can be taken at optimal times for students' busy lives.
- Traditional courses: A majority of our courses are offered during the day in regular classroom or computer labs. For students who are able to attend daytime classes,this is an ideal situation that ensures easy access to our faculty, the library, labs, and other campus resources and activities.
- Evening and weekend courses: Some of our courses are scheduled on week nights or weekend days in order to accommodate the hectic schedules of working professionals.
- Online courses: Our faculty members offer some of our classes in a distance learning format via our college's course management tool Canvas. As a part of their virtual classrooms, students are able to read lessons, participate in discussions, and submit homework assignments. Our Instructors can also be reached by phone or during their office hours.
- Hybrid courses: (traditional and online) For many students, hybrid courses offer the best of both worlds. Students attend classroom sessions in a traditional classroom for part of the semester, and they also work with their Instructor and other students via Canvas for additional computer based work.