Professional Development is a standing committee of Academic Senate, charged with providing opportunities for faculty participation in growth and development activities related to instructional improvement in support of West Valley College’s mission of academic excellence and student success.
Purpose of Professional Development
- Improve the student experience.
- Increase student success, retention and satisfaction.
- Provide the opportunity for continual quality improvement for faculty, staff, and administrators.
Desired Outcomes (as created by College Council 2015-2016)
- A college-wide plan based on a comprehensive needs assessment that fosters a culture of professional development at the college.
- A plan which will support the ongoing professional development needs for staff, faculty and administrators.
- A plan which will align with the 2020 Master Plan goals, accreditation standards, the priorities/goals for the Student Equity Plan, the SSSP Plan, Basic Skills goals and the Title III grant.