What is Canvas?
West Valley College uses a learning management system (LMS) called Canvas.
Canvas allows students to work and collaborate, view lessons, submit assignments, take exams, communicate with instructors and other students, track academic performance and activity, as well as configure, customize and display course reports in a safe, password-protected virtual environment.
Canvas enables faculty to set up and manage courses in a central location, and provides secure delivery of course content and access to teaching and learning anytime anywhere for online courses.
Canvas is a generally intuitive and easy to use LMS, but if you are a new user, or if you need support, please review the Canvas guides in this website, and spend time familiarizing yourself with all of the tools.
Canvas Student Guides
- How to log into Canvas (PDF)
- Basics Guide
- Conversations (Canvas Course Mail)
- Profiles and User Settings
- Rich Content Editor
See all Canvas Guides
Need Help with Canvas?
If your questions were not answered by the student guides, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name
- Your WVC college ID number (and eight-digit date of birth)
- If you are having an issue with logging in
- The course and number (e.g., MATH 101)
- The five-digit section number of the course as listed in the schedule of classes