West Valley College (WVC) and the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa (UHM) have signed an articulation agreement that will provide WVC students the opportunity to transfer to UHM’s College of Social Sciences. WVC students need to successfully complete an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) in Anthropology, Economics, Geography, Political Science, Psychology or Sociology to earn guaranteed admission to UHM with junior standing. Qualifying students may also be eligible to participate in the Western Undergraduate Exchange tuition program, which provides a significant tuition discount, 150% of in-state tuition, making the cost of room and board at UHM equivalent to room and board at San Jose State University.
Accepted ADTs at UH Mānoa
- Anthropology (205 PDF)
- Economics (117 KB)
- Geography (114 KB)
- Political Science (105 KB)
- Psychology (114 KB)
- Sociology (113 KB)
Priority Admission Requirements
- Apply for Fall admission to UH Mānoa by January 5 for priority consideration. The final deadline for all Fall applications is March 1. Students must apply into an approved similar degree program as an ADT degree.
- Coursework must be completed by the end of the preceding Spring semester.
- Students interested in attending during the Spring semester should contact UH Mānoa immediately.
- Learn more about the Aloha Pathway to the College of Social Sciences.
- See full transfer admission requirements to UH Mānoa.
Unique Aspects of the Associate Degree for Transfer
- The student completes the ADT major requirements and completes either the CSU GE or IGETC to achieve the associate degree and receive transfer priority benefits.
- Courses that are applied to the major may also be applied, if applicable, to the CSU GE or IGETC requirements.
- A student must complete 60 transferable units. This includes the CSU GE or IGETC and the major requirements and any transferable electives needed to meet the 60 unit requirement.