WVC Community Grant
Applications are now being accepted for the 2019-20 WVC Community Grant. Please follow the steps below to be eligible for the Community Grant. A representative from the WVC Outreach Department will be in contact with you soon.
Steps to apply for the Community Grant:
- Complete the CCC Apply application to West Valley (you will be assigned your WVC Student ID number)
- Click here to complete the Community Grant Application.
- Beginning March 15, sign up for and attend an Early Admissions (EA) orientation.
- Complete the FAFSA or Dream Act application.
- Attend the WVC Convocation on Friday, August 16, 2019.
- One year of free tuition
- Textbook vouchers
- Transportation support, which can include free parking
- Students must be 2019 high school graduates from a public, private, or home school program.
- Students must live in the City of San José or within the West Valley College service area, defined by the boundaries of the Los Gatos–Saratoga Union High School District and the Campbell Union High School District.
San José Promise and West Valley College Promise
The West Valley College Promise Program is funded by the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office and the West Valley-Mission Community College District Land Corporation. College Promise is intended to help high school students to transition smoothly to college and encourage them to succeed. The services and resources include: free enrollment fees; textbook grant awards, test preparation & college course preparation workshops, summer/weekend academies, field trips and university site visits. The WVC College Promise Program is also intended to provide early college readiness and career exploration for middle school students.