- Study lounge with computers and free printing
- Textbook Lending Library
- Scholarship support resources
- Technology loans: Laptops, iPads, and Graphing Calculators
- Sonosent Software and LiveScribe pens
- Veteran Events in the VRC and Veterans Plaza
- Veteran Outreach Team Peer Mentors
- Direct access to Veteran Counselors and Academic Tutors
- Assistance with accessing campus and community resources
- Flight Deck - Backyard patio for special events, study breaks and socializing
- West Valley Veterans Club
Daniel E. Furtado Veterans Resource Center
West Valley College and the Veterans Outreach Team welcome all veterans and veteran dependents to utilize the Veterans Resource Center (VRC), located in the Student Development building of the Campus Center, next to the Bookstore. The VRC provides a space for veterans to study, socialize, hang out with other veterans and access resources to enhance academic success. To start your journey at West Valley as a U.S. Military Veteran, please download the Veterans Benefit Packet and process your certification through the West Valley College Admissions Office. Stop by the VRC or give us a call for more information or to schedule an appointment.
On Campus Resources
Counseling – Academic, career, personal, veterans, assessment testing and orientation sessions.
DESP (Disability & Educational Support Program) – Support services, mobility assistance/tram service, assessment, and classes for students with disabilities and learning difficulties.
EOPS (Extended Opportunity Programs and Services) – Educational and financial support services for low-income and educationally disadvantaged students.
Student Health Services – Clinic, counseling and guidance in the areas of addiction, addiction recovery, emotional and psychological challenges, referrals and resources.
- VRC Lending Library
- Books for Food
- Emergency Book Fund Voucher
- Reserve Textbooks in Library
- Viking Bookstore
Are you one of 140 students eligible for the TRiO Program? TRiO is a grant West Valley receives from the U.S. Department of Education to increase our students’ chances of staying in college, graduating, and even going on to a four-year university.
Off Campus Resources
VA Palo Alto Health Care System – information regarding medical, housing or counseling services.
Veterans Center - Local Vet Centers provide readjustment counseling and outreach services to all veterans who served in any combat zone. Services are also available for their family members for military related issues.