New students are required to complete an orientation before making an appointment
Students are exempt from orientation if they...
- have obtained an Associate's Degree or higher
- have completed orientation at another Community College
- are only taking classes for personal enrichment (example: Yoga)
- are a continuing student at an accredited University
- are taking a course which is mandated for employment>
- Orientation Options
- Early Admissions Orientation
- Please have your DD214 processed before making a "Veterans" appointment
- Veteran appointments are 1 hour long
- Online scheduling of 1 hour appointments is currently unavailable. Please call 408-741-2009 instead.
- If not making an ed plan, or not accessing veteran benefits you may choose a 30 minute "Vet Guidance" appointment instead
- Veterans Home Page
Financial Aid Appeals
- Financial Aid Appeals require a one hour appointment
- Online scheduing of Financial Aid Appeals is currently unavailable. Please call 408-741-2009 instead.
- You must fill out the form and answer all questions related to your situation
- It is your responsibility to complete the form BEFORE your appointment
- Financial Aid Form
Probation or Dismissal
- West Valley College students who received a Probation or Dismissal notice will not be dropped from classes
- However, you must schedule an appointment during the first two weeks of the following semester
- Mission College may have different rules. Please contact the Mission College Counseling Center if you are taking classes at Mission College
- Online scheduling of Dismissal appointments is currently unavailable. Please call 408-741-2009 instead.